Volvo S60 Polestar has been revealed in production guise and it looks like the hot one-off 508bhp S60 Polestar Concept Car – just with less power.
“We have built a car that we, as car enthusiasts, want to drive,” says Christian Dahl, Managing Director of Polestar.
“This is a driver’s car, bringing out the very best of the already competent Volvo S60 chassis with our experience and technology from motorsport.
At first Volvo will offer the S60 Polestar in Australia as a pilot project, with the first cars being delivered to customers in late June 2013. Introduction to further markets is under investigation pending on the response from Australian market launch.
The Volvo S60 Polestar shares technology from the Polestar racing cars, like dampers from Ã–hlins, high capacity brakes, and the extensively developed, highly-tuned chassis.
A new aerodynamic package includes a front splitter, rear wing and diffuser – all having been tweaked and modified in the Volvo Car Group wind tunnel in collaboration with the Volvo Research and Development team.
The six-cylinder turbo-charged Volvo T6 engine produces350bhp and 500+Nm of torque. 0-100km/h comes in just 4.9 seconds and the top speed is limited to 250km/h.
Power is sent to the road via a Polestar-tuned six-speed automatic gearbox and aa Polestar-tuned Haldex 4WD system.
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show