Volvo S60 Polestar has been revealed in production guise and it looks like the hot one-off 508bhp S60 Polestar Concept Car – just with less power.
“We have built a car that we, as car enthusiasts, want to drive,” says Christian Dahl, Managing Director of Polestar.
“This is a driver’s car, bringing out the very best of the already competent Volvo S60 chassis with our experience and technology from motorsport.
At first Volvo will offer the S60 Polestar in Australia as a pilot project, with the first cars being delivered to customers in late June 2013. Introduction to further markets is under investigation pending on the response from Australian market launch.
The Volvo S60 Polestar shares technology from the Polestar racing cars, like dampers from Ã–hlins, high capacity brakes, and the extensively developed, highly-tuned chassis.
A new aerodynamic package includes a front splitter, rear wing and diffuser – all having been tweaked and modified in the Volvo Car Group wind tunnel in collaboration with the Volvo Research and Development team.
The six-cylinder turbo-charged Volvo T6 engine produces350bhp and 500+Nm of torque. 0-100km/h comes in just 4.9 seconds and the top speed is limited to 250km/h.
Power is sent to the road via a Polestar-tuned six-speed automatic gearbox and aa Polestar-tuned Haldex 4WD system.
- Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 makes its global debut in Geneva with 610 horsepower (VIDEOS)
- BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe revealed – public debut next month in New York
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)