An anonymous Swiss businessman has requested, the designers Bo Zolland from Vizualtech and Robert Palm to develop an exceptional sports car inspired by the legendary Jaguar E-Type that celebrates its 50th anniversary this year.
Based on the Jaguar XKR with a supercharged 5.0 Liter V8, the Growler E 2011 Concept produces 600 hp instead of the 510 hp of the XKR, thanks to ECU remapping.
The composite body is glued on a chassis made of a central carbon fibre core, on which two tubular frames are bolted at the front and rear, supporting engine, steering, transmission and suspensions.
The majority of the components and the interior gear are taken from the Jaguar XKR. The car weighs 1550 kg thanks to lighter chassis and is expected to reach 100 km/h under 4 seconds.
The Growler E is not just a concept, but it has already been confirmed for small series production.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp