Top Gear Live Stunt Team has set a new world record by becoming the first to complete a spectacular double loop-the-loop on four wheels. The ground-breaking feat dubbed the Deadly 720 was performed during a Top Gear Festival at the Moses Mabhida Stadium, Durban, South Africa.
Deadly 720 is the biggest, boldest and most technically challenging stunt yet performed by the record breaking Top Gear Live Stunt Team which also rewrote the history books when becoming the first daredevil outfit to complete a single loop-the-loop in an in-door arena.
The jaw-dropping stunt featured two giant steel loops positioned just eight metres apart, which the specially prepared buggy had to complete in quick succession. The buggy’s dashboard was also fitted with a large shift light that went from red to green when speed was sufficient to complete the loops.
To defy gravity not once but twice, the buggy had to enter each loop at between 24mph and 26mph. Failing to achieve the minimum speed risked the buggy falling out at the top of the loop.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp