Porsche is reportedly working/testing currently with three rolling prototypes.
The production version of Porsche 918 Spyder is planned to be unveiled at the Frankfurt Motor Show in 2013. Power comes from a 4.6-liter V8 engine sourced from the ALMS LMP2 RS Spyder producing 570 hp and two electric motors each with 121 hp. Combined power output is an impressive 770 hp. Power to the electric motors comes from a 6.8 kWh battery.
The prototype can run from 0-60 mph in less than three seconds and hit a top speed of 202 mph (325 km/h).
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)