The McLaren P1 was unveiled to the world as a design study at the Paris Motor Show in September 2012. Since then, development of the technology beneath the carbon fibre skin has continued at great pace. The team at McLaren Automotive has continued the relentless testing programme for the car. The goal being: to produce the best driver’s car in the world on road and track.
Here is the first official video, showing the P1 prototype up close and also on the track.
The P1 is expected to pack around 800 horsepower from an updated twin-turbo V8 found in the MP4-12C mated to a Formula 1 sourced KERS system.
- Caring for your classic car
- Toyota GT86 CS-R3 rally car ready for the dirt and tarmac
- Range Rover Sport SVR laps the legendary Nordschleife circuit in Germany in 8 minutes 14 seconds
- Land Rover reveals third row seating for new Discovery Sport
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate