The McLaren P1 was unveiled to the world as a design study at the Paris Motor Show in September 2012. Since then, development of the technology beneath the carbon fibre skin has continued at great pace. The team at McLaren Automotive has continued the relentless testing programme for the car. The goal being: to produce the best driver’s car in the world on road and track.
Here is the first official video, showing the P1 prototype up close and also on the track.
The P1 is expected to pack around 800 horsepower from an updated twin-turbo V8 found in the MP4-12C mated to a Formula 1 sourced KERS system.
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower