The McLaren P1 was unveiled to the world as a design study at the Paris Motor Show in September 2012. Since then, development of the technology beneath the carbon fibre skin has continued at great pace. The team at McLaren Automotive has continued the relentless testing programme for the car. The goal being: to produce the best driver’s car in the world on road and track.
Here is the first official video, showing the P1 prototype up close and also on the track.
The P1 is expected to pack around 800 horsepower from an updated twin-turbo V8 found in the MP4-12C mated to a Formula 1 sourced KERS system.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar