The video and picures confirm that the McLaren P1 will adopt a race-inspired digital dash readout, and gives further information relating to the levels of performance that can be expected with a highly-focused ‘Race’ mode.
The visuals demonstrate what the driver will see as the McLaren P1 transitions into a fully-focussed track car. On selecting Race mode, the large double element adjustable ‘active’ rear wing extends, and the pitch of the wing alters into an optimal aerodynamic position. In Race mode the screen includes a bank of lights across the top, which illuminate green, followed by red and finally blue. These act as a shift indicator, as in a Formula 1 car.
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014