The video and picures confirm that the McLaren P1 will adopt a race-inspired digital dash readout, and gives further information relating to the levels of performance that can be expected with a highly-focused ‘Race’ mode.
The visuals demonstrate what the driver will see as the McLaren P1 transitions into a fully-focussed track car. On selecting Race mode, the large double element adjustable ‘active’ rear wing extends, and the pitch of the wing alters into an optimal aerodynamic position. In Race mode the screen includes a bank of lights across the top, which illuminate green, followed by red and finally blue. These act as a shift indicator, as in a Formula 1 car.
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year