The video and picures confirm that the McLaren P1 will adopt a race-inspired digital dash readout, and gives further information relating to the levels of performance that can be expected with a highly-focused ‘Race’ mode.
The visuals demonstrate what the driver will see as the McLaren P1 transitions into a fully-focussed track car. On selecting Race mode, the large double element adjustable ‘active’ rear wing extends, and the pitch of the wing alters into an optimal aerodynamic position. In Race mode the screen includes a bank of lights across the top, which illuminate green, followed by red and finally blue. These act as a shift indicator, as in a Formula 1 car.
- Hear the new 2015 Ford Mustang GT Rev its V8 at Cars & Coffee (VIDEO)
- Porsche announces Cayenne Platinum Edition – priced from $63,300
- McLaren P1 laps the extreme Nürburgring in less than seven minutes (VIDEO)
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450