Formula E’s new fully-electric race car, the Spark-Renault SRT_01E, made its first ever public demonstration earlier last week, with a high-speed display around the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
The car was driven along the famous Las Vegas Strip under police escort, finishing at the world-famous Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino.
“Caesars Palace has been passionate about auto sports since its early days when it hosted the Caesars Palace Grand Prix,” said Tariq Shaukat, Caesars Entertainment’s Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer. “We are proud to keep at the leading edge of the auto sports industry and technology innovation by partnering as the exclusive casino sponsor with the first-of-its-kind Formula E racing car. This partnership complements our ongoing global environmental efforts and supports the company’s focus of leveraging technology to enhance the overall guest experience at our many entertainment destinations worldwide.”
The zero-emission single-seater formula racer is capable of speeds in excess of 150mph and was driven by former Formula One driver Lucas di Grassi.
Formula E is a new FIA championship which will compete on 10 city-centre circuits around the globe including two races in the US – Miami and Los Angeles – which take place in the spring of 2015.
In total there will be ten teams, each with two drivers with the first race taking place in September.
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year