Formula E’s new fully-electric race car, the Spark-Renault SRT_01E, made its first ever public demonstration earlier last week, with a high-speed display around the Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino in Las Vegas.
The car was driven along the famous Las Vegas Strip under police escort, finishing at the world-famous Caesars Palace Hotel and Casino.
“Caesars Palace has been passionate about auto sports since its early days when it hosted the Caesars Palace Grand Prix,” said Tariq Shaukat, Caesars Entertainment’s Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer. “We are proud to keep at the leading edge of the auto sports industry and technology innovation by partnering as the exclusive casino sponsor with the first-of-its-kind Formula E racing car. This partnership complements our ongoing global environmental efforts and supports the company’s focus of leveraging technology to enhance the overall guest experience at our many entertainment destinations worldwide.”
The zero-emission single-seater formula racer is capable of speeds in excess of 150mph and was driven by former Formula One driver Lucas di Grassi.
Formula E is a new FIA championship which will compete on 10 city-centre circuits around the globe including two races in the US – Miami and Los Angeles – which take place in the spring of 2015.
In total there will be ten teams, each with two drivers with the first race taking place in September.
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard