Mr. Jurvetson a well known venture capitalist drove his Model S out of the CA factory this past weekend. The first Model S features a Signature Red exterior and a customized “TSLA S1″ license plate. The limited edition model has an 85 kWh lithium-ion battery, enabling it to accelerate from 0-60 mph in 4.4 seconds to a top speed of 130 mph. Range from a full charge is up to 320 miles.
The Model S Signature Series is priced from $87,900 and regular deliveries will start later this month.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)