Hot super sedan from Australia has arrived in UK. Based on sister company HSV’s new GEN-F GTS, the Vauxhall VXR8 GTS is the most powerful production car ever to emerge from Australia.
Priced from £54,999 in the UK it allows owners the least expensive membership into the 500bhp+ club.
Packing 576bhp and 545 lb ft of torque from a new supercharged LSA V8 it is more powerful and also around £20k less than its main rivals – the M5 and E63 AMG.
Compared to the outgoing LS3 engined VXR8 it has an extra 150bhp and 140lb ft.
Besides new engine it also has a new look with ‘twin-nostril’ grille and an all-new fascia, bold graphics, 20-inch ‘Blade’ forged alloy wheels, LED tail lamps, while the ‘diffuser’ rear fascia houses quad exhaust outlets finished in shadow chrome.
A unique body-coloured performance rear spoiler with black accents helps set the GTS apart still further.
Inside shows an upgraded instrument panel with suede-style inserts, a new instrument cluster, gauges, centre console, appliques and door trims combine to deliver a more premium look and feel.
All-new VXR Performance Seats are wrapped in Onyx leather trim and feature 8-way electric adjustment and seat heaters for both the driver and front passenger.
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower
- Bugatti unveils the final Legend “Ettore Bugatti” Veyron