Hot super sedan from Australia has arrived in UK. Based on sister company HSV’s new GEN-F GTS, the Vauxhall VXR8 GTS is the most powerful production car ever to emerge from Australia.
Priced from £54,999 in the UK it allows owners the least expensive membership into the 500bhp+ club.
Packing 576bhp and 545 lb ft of torque from a new supercharged LSA V8 it is more powerful and also around £20k less than its main rivals – the M5 and E63 AMG.
Compared to the outgoing LS3 engined VXR8 it has an extra 150bhp and 140lb ft.
Besides new engine it also has a new look with ‘twin-nostril’ grille and an all-new fascia, bold graphics, 20-inch ‘Blade’ forged alloy wheels, LED tail lamps, while the ‘diffuser’ rear fascia houses quad exhaust outlets finished in shadow chrome.
A unique body-coloured performance rear spoiler with black accents helps set the GTS apart still further.
Inside shows an upgraded instrument panel with suede-style inserts, a new instrument cluster, gauges, centre console, appliques and door trims combine to deliver a more premium look and feel.
All-new VXR Performance Seats are wrapped in Onyx leather trim and feature 8-way electric adjustment and seat heaters for both the driver and front passenger.
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014