Hot super sedan from Australia has arrived in UK. Based on sister company HSV’s new GEN-F GTS, the Vauxhall VXR8 GTS is the most powerful production car ever to emerge from Australia.
Priced from £54,999 in the UK it allows owners the least expensive membership into the 500bhp+ club.
Packing 576bhp and 545 lb ft of torque from a new supercharged LSA V8 it is more powerful and also around £20k less than its main rivals – the M5 and E63 AMG.
Compared to the outgoing LS3 engined VXR8 it has an extra 150bhp and 140lb ft.
Besides new engine it also has a new look with ‘twin-nostril’ grille and an all-new fascia, bold graphics, 20-inch ‘Blade’ forged alloy wheels, LED tail lamps, while the ‘diffuser’ rear fascia houses quad exhaust outlets finished in shadow chrome.
A unique body-coloured performance rear spoiler with black accents helps set the GTS apart still further.
Inside shows an upgraded instrument panel with suede-style inserts, a new instrument cluster, gauges, centre console, appliques and door trims combine to deliver a more premium look and feel.
All-new VXR Performance Seats are wrapped in Onyx leather trim and feature 8-way electric adjustment and seat heaters for both the driver and front passenger.
- McLaren P1 laps the extreme Nürburgring in less than seven minutes (VIDEO)
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!