Hot super sedan from Australia has arrived in UK. Based on sister company HSV’s new GEN-F GTS, the Vauxhall VXR8 GTS is the most powerful production car ever to emerge from Australia.
Priced from £54,999 in the UK it allows owners the least expensive membership into the 500bhp+ club.
Packing 576bhp and 545 lb ft of torque from a new supercharged LSA V8 it is more powerful and also around £20k less than its main rivals – the M5 and E63 AMG.
Compared to the outgoing LS3 engined VXR8 it has an extra 150bhp and 140lb ft.
Besides new engine it also has a new look with ‘twin-nostril’ grille and an all-new fascia, bold graphics, 20-inch ‘Blade’ forged alloy wheels, LED tail lamps, while the ‘diffuser’ rear fascia houses quad exhaust outlets finished in shadow chrome.
A unique body-coloured performance rear spoiler with black accents helps set the GTS apart still further.
Inside shows an upgraded instrument panel with suede-style inserts, a new instrument cluster, gauges, centre console, appliques and door trims combine to deliver a more premium look and feel.
All-new VXR Performance Seats are wrapped in Onyx leather trim and feature 8-way electric adjustment and seat heaters for both the driver and front passenger.
- Citroen C-XR concept debuts in Beijing – looks production ready
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show