Audi has updated its R8 sports car to be even more attractive and dynamic. New addition to the series is a R8 V10 plus, that is a new top model, with a totally new 7-speed S tronic. The LED headlights and the new rear indicator lights with dynamicized display are standard equipment on all variants.
The 4.2 FSI engine produces 430 hp at 7,900 rpm, with a torque of 430 Nm. The unit accelerates the R8 Coupé with S tronic from 0 to 100 km/h in 4.3 seconds and to a top speed of 300 km/h (186.41 mph). For the R8 V8 Spyder the corresponding values are 4.5 and 4.8 seconds, respectively, and also 300 km/h (186.41 mph).
The 5.2 liter V10 engine packs 525 hp and a torque of 530 Nm. The Audi R8 V10 Coupé with S tronic accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 3.6 seconds and reaches a top speed of 314 km/h (195.11 mph). The R8 V10 Spyder with S tronic completes the standard sprint in 3.8 seconds and has a top speed of 311 km/h (193.25 mph).
The new top of the series R8 V10 plus packs 550 hp and maximum torque of 540 Nm. With S tronic, the R8 V10 plus, available only as a coupé, accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 3.5 seconds and achieves a top speed of 317 km/h (196.97 mph).
Two power transmission systems are available for the overhauled Audi R8. The manual 6-speed transmission, with its lever leading into an open stainless steel gate, is standard on the V8 and optional on the V10. The new 7-speed S tronic – optional on the V8 and standard on the V10.
The base price is EUR 113,500 for the V8 Coupé, and EUR 124,800 for the Spyder. The V10 variants are listed at EUR 154,600 and EUR 165,900 respectively, while the R8 V10 plus costs EUR 173,200.
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)