Insuring your vehicle can be a bit of a chore and ensuring you get value for money is never easy. Your motor insurance policy may provide you with just enough cover to comply with European Union legal requirements, or you may have purchased extra cover options to really maximise the benefit of your policy.
Whether you are trying to make your insurance policy as affordable as possible, as beneficial as possible or both, the fact is that you may not fully be maximising all of the benefits that your policy can provide to you. In fact, here are two innovative ways that you can get more out of your car insurance policy.
Helping the Environment
Most drivers today are aware that driving their vehicle leads to pollution that is damaging to the environment, and many are growing increasingly concerned about this. However, driving is generally viewed as a necessary evil. After all, you need to have a convenient way to get around to all of those important places you travel to every day, such as the market and your workplace. You may not realise it, but you actually can enjoy driving in a more environmentally friendly way when you purchase green insurance.
A green insurance policy is one that is available through an environmentally friendly company. After maintaining your policy for a year, the insurer will offset up to one tonne of carbon emissions on your behalf. In addition, a portion of your premium proceeds are used to fund local environmental projects. If you are one of the many drivers who have been growing increasingly concerned about how driving impacts the environment, this is a great way to do something about it.
Special Discounts and Rewards
While buying green insurance is one way to get more out of your policy, another option is to take advantage of the many special discounts and rewards your insurer offers to you. For example, you may be able to enjoy a cash credit on your account simply by referring a friend or two to your insurer. You may also enjoy discounted prices on purchases unrelated to insurance, such as on wine or other purchases. You simply have to research the discounts and rewards available to you as a first step.
Your motor insurance policy is beneficial to you in a number of ways. It may pay for expenses related to vehicle repairs, medical expenses, car hire and other expenses when you file a claim. However, your policy can also provide you with other benefits. If you are not currently taking advantage of these additional benefits, take time to learn more about the options available to you today and maximise the benefits that your policy can provide.
- BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe revealed – public debut next month in New York
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range