Czech racing firm Praga Cars has unveiled their Praga R1 track-only race car that is powered by a 4-cylinder 2.0-liter Renaultsport-sourced engine with 210 horsepower at 7,500 rpm.
210 horsepower does not sound much, but it is plenty considering the R1 weighs just 590kg and has a power to weight ratio of 356 hp / ton. Such low weight is possible thanks to carbon fiber monocoque with built-in crumple zones.
Power is sent to the rear via a 6-speed Hewland JFR sequential gearbox with pneumatic control and a self-locking differential.
The R1 measures 4170mm in length, 1800mm in width and is just 995mm tall.
Race-specific safety equipment includes safety fuel tank, fire extinguishing system, 6-point seat belts, Koni dampers, AP Racing clutch and Motec electronic engine management.
All units will be manually built in Czech with starting price of 98,000 EUR.
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach
- Time To Visit Norway! Beautiful Time-Lapse Shows Everything From Deep Fjords To Northern Lights
- Get Creative In The Kitchen! This Is How You Make Beatles Pancakes!
- This Death Defying Bike Ride Through The Isle of Skye In Scotland Is Just EPIC!
- This Is Not A Photoshop! A Full 360 Degree Circle Rainbow Over Australia
- This Awesome Time-Lapse Video Shows How To Counterfit A Giant One Dollar Bill With Just A Pencil