Czech racing firm Praga Cars has unveiled their Praga R1 track-only race car that is powered by a 4-cylinder 2.0-liter Renaultsport-sourced engine with 210 horsepower at 7,500 rpm.
210 horsepower does not sound much, but it is plenty considering the R1 weighs just 590kg and has a power to weight ratio of 356 hp / ton. Such low weight is possible thanks to carbon fiber monocoque with built-in crumple zones.
Power is sent to the rear via a 6-speed Hewland JFR sequential gearbox with pneumatic control and a self-locking differential.
The R1 measures 4170mm in length, 1800mm in width and is just 995mm tall.
Race-specific safety equipment includes safety fuel tank, fire extinguishing system, 6-point seat belts, Koni dampers, AP Racing clutch and Motec electronic engine management.
All units will be manually built in Czech with starting price of 98,000 EUR.
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower