Czech racing firm Praga Cars has unveiled their Praga R1 track-only race car that is powered by a 4-cylinder 2.0-liter Renaultsport-sourced engine with 210 horsepower at 7,500 rpm.
210 horsepower does not sound much, but it is plenty considering the R1 weighs just 590kg and has a power to weight ratio of 356 hp / ton. Such low weight is possible thanks to carbon fiber monocoque with built-in crumple zones.
Power is sent to the rear via a 6-speed Hewland JFR sequential gearbox with pneumatic control and a self-locking differential.
The R1 measures 4170mm in length, 1800mm in width and is just 995mm tall.
Race-specific safety equipment includes safety fuel tank, fire extinguishing system, 6-point seat belts, Koni dampers, AP Racing clutch and Motec electronic engine management.
All units will be manually built in Czech with starting price of 98,000 EUR.
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year