Czech racing firm Praga Cars has unveiled their Praga R1 track-only race car that is powered by a 4-cylinder 2.0-liter Renaultsport-sourced engine with 210 horsepower at 7,500 rpm.
210 horsepower does not sound much, but it is plenty considering the R1 weighs just 590kg and has a power to weight ratio of 356 hp / ton. Such low weight is possible thanks to carbon fiber monocoque with built-in crumple zones.
Power is sent to the rear via a 6-speed Hewland JFR sequential gearbox with pneumatic control and a self-locking differential.
The R1 measures 4170mm in length, 1800mm in width and is just 995mm tall.
Race-specific safety equipment includes safety fuel tank, fire extinguishing system, 6-point seat belts, Koni dampers, AP Racing clutch and Motec electronic engine management.
All units will be manually built in Czech with starting price of 98,000 EUR.
- Bedtime Horror Story in 60 Seconds! This One-Minute Short Film Is Spooky Scary
- This Is Scary! Professional Stuntman Rides a Motorcycle Over a Bridge’s Arch Beam
- Stunning Long Exposure Photo Of the Lunar Eclipse Rising Over China Looks Like a Falling Star
- Ironic How Beautiful War Machines Can Be! This Is One Of The Coolest Fighter Jet Compilations
- Amazing Time-Lapse Video Shows Rome, Pisa & Vatican City In 4K Ultra HD
- This Slow Motion Video In 4K HD Is Mind Blowingly Awesome From Breakdancing To Motorcycling
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams