Czech racing firm Praga Cars has unveiled their Praga R1 track-only race car that is powered by a 4-cylinder 2.0-liter Renaultsport-sourced engine with 210 horsepower at 7,500 rpm.
210 horsepower does not sound much, but it is plenty considering the R1 weighs just 590kg and has a power to weight ratio of 356 hp / ton. Such low weight is possible thanks to carbon fiber monocoque with built-in crumple zones.
Power is sent to the rear via a 6-speed Hewland JFR sequential gearbox with pneumatic control and a self-locking differential.
The R1 measures 4170mm in length, 1800mm in width and is just 995mm tall.
Race-specific safety equipment includes safety fuel tank, fire extinguishing system, 6-point seat belts, Koni dampers, AP Racing clutch and Motec electronic engine management.
All units will be manually built in Czech with starting price of 98,000 EUR.
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames
- Lamborghini Cabrera rendered – this is how the Gallardo successor could look like
- Video: Amazing private supercar collection includes five Veyrons, F40, One-77 and…
- 2014 SRT Viper Time Attack Special Edition limited to 159 units