The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is awarding its new Top Safety Pick+ accolade to 13 cars. All cars earned good or acceptable ratings in the new IIHS small overlap test as well as top marks in other IIHS evaluations.
Dodge Avenger and its twin, the Chrysler 200 4-door
Honda Accord 2-door
Honda Accord 4-door
Nissan Altima 4-door
Subaru Legacy and its twin, the Subaru Outback
The Acura TL and Volvo S60 are midsize luxury cars. The other models are midsize moderately priced cars.
“Of the 29 models evaluated so far in our small overlap frontal crash test, these 13 cars offer the highest level of all-around crash protection,” says Adrian Lund, IIHS president. “We’re pleased to recognize them with our new Top Safety Pick+ award for 2013.”
As IIHS only evaluated 29 vehicles the list obviously is not the best and does not include lot of great cars from sports cars to big SUVs.
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard
- Mazda unveils the all-new Mazda2 / Demio in Japan
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI competition celebrates 25 years of Audi TDI technology