The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is awarding its new Top Safety Pick+ accolade to 13 cars. All cars earned good or acceptable ratings in the new IIHS small overlap test as well as top marks in other IIHS evaluations.
Dodge Avenger and its twin, the Chrysler 200 4-door
Honda Accord 2-door
Honda Accord 4-door
Nissan Altima 4-door
Subaru Legacy and its twin, the Subaru Outback
The Acura TL and Volvo S60 are midsize luxury cars. The other models are midsize moderately priced cars.
“Of the 29 models evaluated so far in our small overlap frontal crash test, these 13 cars offer the highest level of all-around crash protection,” says Adrian Lund, IIHS president. “We’re pleased to recognize them with our new Top Safety Pick+ award for 2013.”
As IIHS only evaluated 29 vehicles the list obviously is not the best and does not include lot of great cars from sports cars to big SUVs.
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower