The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) is awarding its new Top Safety Pick+ accolade to 13 cars. All cars earned good or acceptable ratings in the new IIHS small overlap test as well as top marks in other IIHS evaluations.
Dodge Avenger and its twin, the Chrysler 200 4-door
Honda Accord 2-door
Honda Accord 4-door
Nissan Altima 4-door
Subaru Legacy and its twin, the Subaru Outback
The Acura TL and Volvo S60 are midsize luxury cars. The other models are midsize moderately priced cars.
“Of the 29 models evaluated so far in our small overlap frontal crash test, these 13 cars offer the highest level of all-around crash protection,” says Adrian Lund, IIHS president. “We’re pleased to recognize them with our new Top Safety Pick+ award for 2013.”
As IIHS only evaluated 29 vehicles the list obviously is not the best and does not include lot of great cars from sports cars to big SUVs.
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante revealed – ultimate british open top GT
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback