The legendary 300SL and a new SLK are not really so directly related, but Mercedes has decided that the new SLK is the best model to tart carrying the legacy, created by the 300SL.
The SLK Gullwing will be an addition to the SLK range, reports AutoExpress. We’ll get a more usual one with a glass fold-away roof too, because the Gullwing isn’t as easy to use every day than a traditional coupe-cabriolet, MB recon.
The Gullwing has to make do with a pair of quite high door-sills, so the getting in and out maneuver is one to be practiced before hand by future owners. On the other hand the bigger sills provide a comfortable place for storing the batteries needed to operate those historical and now electric doors.
In addition the new SLK will be also offered as a Hybrid, making use of the system presented in the Blue Zero E-Cell concept in Detroit. Regenerative brakes and a stop-start system will also be used.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)