Have you ever wished automakers would paint their products in more exciting colors? Who cares about boring-old red, yellow, or purple — what if your car could show the world how much you like clouds, or zebra stripes, or florescent-colored rainbows? Well if you live in Sweden you’re in luck: starting April 7 Volvo is releasing a collection patterned car wraps that will really jazz up the look of your brand new C30 hatchback.
The company has created a line of removable films for the little hatch that are designed to protect the paint from damage as well as give the car a little more, um, character. There are 20 different patterns, and besides the ones pictured Volvo says flames, butterflies, and spots will be available. Each wrap is guaranteed to hold up for two years, at which time you can replace it with a new one or, if you’re really daring, just drive around sporting the car’s original color.
From the photos it appears that while some of the films cover just parts of the car, most wrap the whole thing from the roof panel to the fenders. According to Volvo’s press release each film will cost approximately $3140 including installation, which seems like a lot to stick a pink camouflage plastic wrapper on your car. You could get a pattern done by a custom shop for similar money, and it wouldn’t have to be replaced in just two years. Of course if you really want to save some cash, just spray-paint the car yourself, it’ll only cost ten bucks and probably get you just as much attention.
Currently it will be available only in Sweden. Most Americans probably won’t be too disappointed if they can’t cover their $30,000 sport compact with rainbow decorations.
Source: Volvo Sweden via Motortrend
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp