Here we have an open top R8 prototype with a soft top and no camouflage heading to the Nürburgring. It looks to us a cabrio or a spider not the targa as some have speculated.
We have no information on the engine, but pretty sure that the 420hp 4.2-liter V8 engine on the current coupe version will find its way into the new open top R8. Also Audi is working on the V10 version of R8, so in addition to the coupe we are sure that the V10 will also be offered on the cabrio version.
We expect to see the open top Audi R8 at the Geneva Motor Show next spring.
- Range Rover Evoque gets a wide bodykit from Prior Design
- BMW Gran Lusso Coupe concept revealed – the ultimate luxury coupe
- McLaren 50 12C & 12C Spider announced to celebrate 50 years of McLaren
- Ford will close all their manufacturing plants in Australia by 2016
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France