Formula 1 legend and DTM driver David Coulthard and professional golfer Jake Shepherd set a Guinness World Record earlier this week at Dunsfold Aerodrome, Surrey, as part of a viral film for Mercedes-Benz UK.
David, who was driving the 571hp Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Roadster at 120mph, caught a golf ball in the cockpit of the moving car which was 275 metres from the tee, and hit by Jake at an astonishing 178mph.
Currently we can only share few images with you, but of course the outstanding feat of skill was captured on film and will be launched in early July.
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)
- Volkswagen Amarok Power-Pickup concept with V6 TDI debuts at Wörthersee
- Volkswagen Design Vision GTI concept with 503 horsepower is the ultimate Golf GTI
- 2013 Playmate of the Year Raquel Pomplun gets $100k and a 2014 Jaguar F-Type
- Bentley Mulsanne and Continental Le Mans Limited Edition models announced