German tuner edo competition has now released their version of the SLR dubbed Black Arrow. Exterior is finished with a special flat coating. There is also a new stainless steel high-performance exhaust system, which provides a truly impressive soundtrack, new edo 21 inch racing wheels in high-performance rubber, and the interior has been refinished in black with carbon fiber trim.
The supercharged V8 engine now puts out 722 horsepower at 7,100 rpm and 890 Nm (656 lb-ft) of torque. In order to achieve these numbers, the supercharger drive ratio was modified and the ECU was remapped to accommodate the hardware changes. A revised intake system, new exhaust headers, high flow catalytic converters and air filters help the engine breathe better. The powertrain engineers used a dynamometer to build new ECU maps and change the on-board diagnostics system accordingly. The result is an ideal tune with perfect power delivery.
100 km/h (62 mph) is reached in 3.4 seconds and the top speed now stands at an electronically governed 345 km/h (214 mph).
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)
- Watch Nissan Juke-R with 700 hp going against the Bugatti Veyron with 1001 hp
- New Range Rover Sport sets a new record for production SUVs on a 12.42 mile Pikes Peak hillclimb course