Shelby American brings back the legendary Shelby GT350 to its lineup of American performance cars. The supercharged concept version of the Mustang-based 2011 Shelby GT350 twas unveiled at the Barrett-Jackson Auction Opening Night Gala to honor the 45th anniversary of the first GT350 and first Shelby big block Cobra.
Shelby worked with Ford Racing to supercharge the engine with a goal of 500 horsepower, as well as to sharpen the handling.
Each GT350 is finsihed in traditional white with Shelby Guardsman blue Le Mans stripes and feature the new Ford V8 coupled to a 6 speed manual transmission and center exit exhaust.
The suspension was upgraded with new Ford Racing springs, struts, sway bars and adjustable caster/camber plates. The car also receives a new front fascia, tail light trim, front splitter, rear deck lid filler panel and rear fascia. Functional scoops are located on the side rockers and hood. GT350 badges on the outside and inside include a Shelby serial number. The A pillar carries a fuel pressure, oil pressure and boost gauge.
A limited number will be built in the 2011 model year. A Ford Mustang GT can be dropped shipped by a Ford dealer to Shelby’s Las Vegas facility for conversion or a customer can arrange to have a properly specified car transported to the factory. The Shelby GT350 up-fit completed by Shelby American has a MSRP of $33,995 and does not include the price of the base car.
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach
- Time To Visit Norway! Beautiful Time-Lapse Shows Everything From Deep Fjords To Northern Lights
- Get Creative In The Kitchen! This Is How You Make Beatles Pancakes!
- This Death Defying Bike Ride Through The Isle of Skye In Scotland Is Just EPIC!
- This Is Not A Photoshop! A Full 360 Degree Circle Rainbow Over Australia
- This Awesome Time-Lapse Video Shows How To Counterfit A Giant One Dollar Bill With Just A Pencil