Shelby American brings back the legendary Shelby GT350 to its lineup of American performance cars. The supercharged concept version of the Mustang-based 2011 Shelby GT350 twas unveiled at the Barrett-Jackson Auction Opening Night Gala to honor the 45th anniversary of the first GT350 and first Shelby big block Cobra.
Shelby worked with Ford Racing to supercharge the engine with a goal of 500 horsepower, as well as to sharpen the handling.
Each GT350 is finsihed in traditional white with Shelby Guardsman blue Le Mans stripes and feature the new Ford V8 coupled to a 6 speed manual transmission and center exit exhaust.
The suspension was upgraded with new Ford Racing springs, struts, sway bars and adjustable caster/camber plates. The car also receives a new front fascia, tail light trim, front splitter, rear deck lid filler panel and rear fascia. Functional scoops are located on the side rockers and hood. GT350 badges on the outside and inside include a Shelby serial number. The A pillar carries a fuel pressure, oil pressure and boost gauge.
A limited number will be built in the 2011 model year. A Ford Mustang GT can be dropped shipped by a Ford dealer to Shelby’s Las Vegas facility for conversion or a customer can arrange to have a properly specified car transported to the factory. The Shelby GT350 up-fit completed by Shelby American has a MSRP of $33,995 and does not include the price of the base car.
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014