Shelby American brings back the legendary Shelby GT350 to its lineup of American performance cars. The supercharged concept version of the Mustang-based 2011 Shelby GT350 twas unveiled at the Barrett-Jackson Auction Opening Night Gala to honor the 45th anniversary of the first GT350 and first Shelby big block Cobra.
Shelby worked with Ford Racing to supercharge the engine with a goal of 500 horsepower, as well as to sharpen the handling.
Each GT350 is finsihed in traditional white with Shelby Guardsman blue Le Mans stripes and feature the new Ford V8 coupled to a 6 speed manual transmission and center exit exhaust.
The suspension was upgraded with new Ford Racing springs, struts, sway bars and adjustable caster/camber plates. The car also receives a new front fascia, tail light trim, front splitter, rear deck lid filler panel and rear fascia. Functional scoops are located on the side rockers and hood. GT350 badges on the outside and inside include a Shelby serial number. The A pillar carries a fuel pressure, oil pressure and boost gauge.
A limited number will be built in the 2011 model year. A Ford Mustang GT can be dropped shipped by a Ford dealer to Shelby’s Las Vegas facility for conversion or a customer can arrange to have a properly specified car transported to the factory. The Shelby GT350 up-fit completed by Shelby American has a MSRP of $33,995 and does not include the price of the base car.
- Bedtime Horror Story in 60 Seconds! This One-Minute Short Film Is Spooky Scary
- This Is Scary! Professional Stuntman Rides a Motorcycle Over a Bridge’s Arch Beam
- Stunning Long Exposure Photo Of the Lunar Eclipse Rising Over China Looks Like a Falling Star
- Ironic How Beautiful War Machines Can Be! This Is One Of The Coolest Fighter Jet Compilations
- Amazing Time-Lapse Video Shows Rome, Pisa & Vatican City In 4K Ultra HD
- This Slow Motion Video In 4K HD Is Mind Blowingly Awesome From Breakdancing To Motorcycling
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams