“Few thought that Shelby American would make it in the car business for 50 years,” said Carroll Shelby. “We built the first Cobra in a rented garage and then GT350′s in an old hanger. But our company is still here, manufacturing the best cars that I’ve ever made. The next 50 years will be even better for Shelby American.”
Only 50 white and 50 black 50th Anniversary Edition cars are available; each will boast gold stripes to signify the golden anniversary. In addition, each Shelby comes with commemorative 50th anniversary badging, custom interiors, special wheels, 6 piston front brakes, car cover and a unique VIN number that will be entered into the official registry.
The most powerful Shelby built yet, the GT500 Super Snake is available in 650, 750 or 800 horsepower configuration as a coupe or convertible. The anniversary package begins at $59,995, not including base car.
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)
- Watch Nissan Juke-R with 700 hp going against the Bugatti Veyron with 1001 hp
- New Range Rover Sport sets a new record for production SUVs on a 12.42 mile Pikes Peak hillclimb course