As Dodge for some unknown reasons doesn’t offer a convertible version of the Challenger it is still possible to get one.
Florida based company Coach Builders Ltd. is known for its convertible conversions of four door sedans such as Chrysler 300C and Cadillac CTS. Their latest work is a customized soft-top Dodge Challenger SRT8 with a Vortech supercharger that boosts the 6.1-liter Hemi power output to 560 hp.
Challenger SRT8 Convertible rides lower thanks to a KW coil-over suspension kit and massive 22-inch Foose alloy wheels.
This custom Challenger has a hydraulically powered acrylic polyester cloth roof with sound and temperature insulation. Cost of the conversion is $16,000 plus the base price of an SRT8 ($41,695).
This surely isn’t cheap, but we think $58,000 for a custom built 2009 Challenger Convertible with 560 hp isn’t bad at all.
Production starts on the 15h of November. The first car will be shown during the SEMA show (4-7Nov.) at the Las Vegas Convention center in the Chrysler booth. If seriously interested contact Larry @ 386-984-6088.
- Range Rover Evoque gets a wide bodykit from Prior Design
- BMW Gran Lusso Coupe concept revealed – the ultimate luxury coupe
- McLaren 50 12C & 12C Spider announced to celebrate 50 years of McLaren
- Ford will close all their manufacturing plants in Australia by 2016
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France