The Wraith features a sweeping fastback design, bold lines, tension in the panels and a raked rear screen. There is also a deeply recessed grille, wide rear track and dramatic two-tone presentation.
Coach doors open to reveal a luxurious interior complete with softest Phantom-grade leathers and expanses of wood called Canadel Panelling. The interior ambiance is complemented by Starlight Headliner, a Bespoke feature available beyond Phantom family cars for the first time. 1,340 fibre optic lamps are hand-woven into the roof lining to give the impression of a glittering, starry night sky.
624 bhp V12 engine is married to 8-speed automatic ZF transmission. 0-60 mph sprint is achieved in 4.4 seconds, compared with 563 bhp / 420kW and 0-60 in 4.7 seconds for Ghost.
Compared to the Ghost it has a wide rear track, shorter wheelbase and lower roof height. The car’s suspension has also been tuned to minimise body roll and discreetly amplify feedback when cornering; while steering weight is heavier at high speeds and lighter at low speeds adding to the spirited drive.
The debut of Satellite Aided Transmission (SAT) uses GPS data to see beyond what the driver sees; it anticipates his next move based on location and current driving style, then selects the most appropriate gear for the terrain ahead.
In Europe, Wraith will be priced at around €245k. First deliveries of Wraith will be made to customers in the final quarter of 2013.
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames
- Lamborghini Cabrera rendered – this is how the Gallardo successor could look like
- Video: Amazing private supercar collection includes five Veyrons, F40, One-77 and…