The Wraith features a sweeping fastback design, bold lines, tension in the panels and a raked rear screen. There is also a deeply recessed grille, wide rear track and dramatic two-tone presentation.
Coach doors open to reveal a luxurious interior complete with softest Phantom-grade leathers and expanses of wood called Canadel Panelling. The interior ambiance is complemented by Starlight Headliner, a Bespoke feature available beyond Phantom family cars for the first time. 1,340 fibre optic lamps are hand-woven into the roof lining to give the impression of a glittering, starry night sky.
624 bhp V12 engine is married to 8-speed automatic ZF transmission. 0-60 mph sprint is achieved in 4.4 seconds, compared with 563 bhp / 420kW and 0-60 in 4.7 seconds for Ghost.
Compared to the Ghost it has a wide rear track, shorter wheelbase and lower roof height. The car’s suspension has also been tuned to minimise body roll and discreetly amplify feedback when cornering; while steering weight is heavier at high speeds and lighter at low speeds adding to the spirited drive.
The debut of Satellite Aided Transmission (SAT) uses GPS data to see beyond what the driver sees; it anticipates his next move based on location and current driving style, then selects the most appropriate gear for the terrain ahead.
In Europe, Wraith will be priced at around €245k. First deliveries of Wraith will be made to customers in the final quarter of 2013.
- Lamborghini Huracan LP 610-4 makes its global debut in Geneva with 610 horsepower (VIDEOS)
- BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe revealed – public debut next month in New York
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)