The Wraith features a sweeping fastback design, bold lines, tension in the panels and a raked rear screen. There is also a deeply recessed grille, wide rear track and dramatic two-tone presentation.
Coach doors open to reveal a luxurious interior complete with softest Phantom-grade leathers and expanses of wood called Canadel Panelling. The interior ambiance is complemented by Starlight Headliner, a Bespoke feature available beyond Phantom family cars for the first time. 1,340 fibre optic lamps are hand-woven into the roof lining to give the impression of a glittering, starry night sky.
624 bhp V12 engine is married to 8-speed automatic ZF transmission. 0-60 mph sprint is achieved in 4.4 seconds, compared with 563 bhp / 420kW and 0-60 in 4.7 seconds for Ghost.
Compared to the Ghost it has a wide rear track, shorter wheelbase and lower roof height. The car’s suspension has also been tuned to minimise body roll and discreetly amplify feedback when cornering; while steering weight is heavier at high speeds and lighter at low speeds adding to the spirited drive.
The debut of Satellite Aided Transmission (SAT) uses GPS data to see beyond what the driver sees; it anticipates his next move based on location and current driving style, then selects the most appropriate gear for the terrain ahead.
In Europe, Wraith will be priced at around €245k. First deliveries of Wraith will be made to customers in the final quarter of 2013.
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach
- Time To Visit Norway! Beautiful Time-Lapse Shows Everything From Deep Fjords To Northern Lights
- Get Creative In The Kitchen! This Is How You Make Beatles Pancakes!
- This Death Defying Bike Ride Through The Isle of Skye In Scotland Is Just EPIC!
- This Is Not A Photoshop! A Full 360 Degree Circle Rainbow Over Australia
- This Awesome Time-Lapse Video Shows How To Counterfit A Giant One Dollar Bill With Just A Pencil