It’s always fun to speculate on future models. As lot of luxury car makers have entered the SUV and Crossover segment, we believe it is very likely that Tata owned Jaguar will eventually do the same.
As Tata also owns Land Rover it is unlikely that there is going to be a SUV bearing Jaguar’s badge.
In addition to competing with Porsche, Audi, Mercedes, BMW and others it would also compete against their own Land Rover.
But there are some chances Jaguar is going to build a “crossover” vehicle, which would have a higher clearance, four-wheel-drive and more interior room than the current Jaguar X-Type Estate.
Jaguar could use Freelander’s platform and four-wheel-drive system. Top of the line models could use the all-new AJ-V8 Gen III engine, that develops 510 hp. That power combined with Jaguar’s luxury would be a nice alternative to German and Japanese SUV’s and Crossovers.
If there is such a model planned we should be seeing heavily disguised prototypes in the near future. What do you think, does the world need a Jaguar crossover?
Rendering by: Carparazzi
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)