There are lot of rumors circulating around the new “R” lineup. In March Audi spokesperson said that the rumored R4 is not in the company’s product plan. In September news came that Audi might be working on R3, which would be powered by a 4-cylinder turbocharged engine and be available in 2013.
In addition to the R3 there is a rumor about the R6, that would be positioned between the R3 and R8. Even though Audi has not confirmed this, it makes lot of sense. To be honest R6 makes more sense than R3. As R3 would compete with the TT, then R6 would be Audi’s alternative to Cayman.
As Porsche owns Volkswagen, and Volkswagen owns Audi then there could be some problems. Porsche will surely fight against a model, that could jeopardize sales of Cayman and Boxster.
What will the R6 look like? No idea as there is no official information nor spy photos(Don’t worry we’ll have them once Audi starts testing it) of the car. What we have is a rendering. Hopefully we’ll see soon how close it is to the real thing. Enjoy!
Rendering by: Carparazzi
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp