There are lot of rumors circulating around the new “R” lineup. In March Audi spokesperson said that the rumored R4 is not in the company’s product plan. In September news came that Audi might be working on R3, which would be powered by a 4-cylinder turbocharged engine and be available in 2013.
In addition to the R3 there is a rumor about the R6, that would be positioned between the R3 and R8. Even though Audi has not confirmed this, it makes lot of sense. To be honest R6 makes more sense than R3. As R3 would compete with the TT, then R6 would be Audi’s alternative to Cayman.
As Porsche owns Volkswagen, and Volkswagen owns Audi then there could be some problems. Porsche will surely fight against a model, that could jeopardize sales of Cayman and Boxster.
What will the R6 look like? No idea as there is no official information nor spy photos(Don’t worry we’ll have them once Audi starts testing it) of the car. What we have is a rendering. Hopefully we’ll see soon how close it is to the real thing. Enjoy!
Rendering by: Carparazzi
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)