Renault Sport established its first lap record for a front-wheel drive production car at the Nordschleife on June 23, 2008. The Megane R26.R lapped the ring in 8:17. Last week it was the turn of Mégane R.S. Trophy, that managed to shave another 9 seconds off the previous record.
The new record time as you can see from the image above is an impressive 8:07:97.
The limited edition Megane RS Trophy packs 265 horsepower, along with careful set-up work and a tyre choice optimised by Renault Sport engineers.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp