The latest addition to the Renault Sport family is Mégane R26.R, a car that has been engineered for performance and extreme driving enjoyment.
Mégane R26.R is based on Mégane F1 Team R26 and uses the same engine, gearbox and limited slip differential, but has been lightened by 123kg and features specific suspension calibration.
On June 23, 2008, Mégane R26.R established a new lap record for its category round the legendary Nürburgring in Germany with a time of 8m 17s which confirms its extreme performance calling.
It is easily recognizable thanks to its carbon bonnet, while its sporty credentials are immediately apparent inside, too, with its Sabelt bucket seats and harness belts.
Megane R26.R on the Nürburgring:
Megane R26.R short promotional clip:
Mégane R26.R is a limited edition model manufactured at the Alpine Renault factory in Dieppe, France. Total production has been restricted to just 450 cars. Following its unveiling at the London Show, Mégane R26.R is due to go on sale in October 2008.
- Aston Martin Vanquish Volante revealed – ultimate british open top GT
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback