The Ram Truck Brand will launch a new Ram 1500 model aimed squarely at first-time buyers and owners who are looking for a vehicle with performance and style that they can customize and make their own.
This new Ram 1500 model has been developed under the code name “Adventurer,” and borrows the formula of the 2011 Ram Tradesman.
The Ram Tradesman is a value-priced, HEMI-powered Ram 1500 regular cab truck that appeals to a cost-conscious, new-vehicle buyer who doesn’t want to give up performance and capability.
The unnamed new Ram 1500, like the Ram Tradesman, offers buyers a standard HEMI V8 engine with its 20 mpg rating for the same price competitors are charging for their V6 engines.
“We know we have the formula right,” said Ram Truck President and CEO Fred Diaz. “Now we just need a great name that promotes pride of ownership. This new Ram model will be an attractive alternative for a younger or first-time buyer looking for performance at an affordable price. Case in point, it will have more horsepower and a lower base price than our competitors’ entry-level performance cars with the added benefit of versatility and capability.”
Manufacturer’s Suggested Retail Price for the new truck – Code Name: Adventurer – will start at $23,830, including $975 destination charge. It will arrive in Ram Truck dealerships in second quarter 2011.
- Land Rover reveals third row seating for new Discovery Sport
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features