Several auto dealers in central California are offering Dodge Ram pickups at $13,000 below sticker price.
Meaning you can get a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4×2 for $19,995, instead of $32,795. With four months to go before a redesigned 2009 Ram arrives in showrooms lot of dealers are in trouble selling the current inventory.
According to Automotive News Dodge currently has a 109-day supply of 2008 models. It is not known where that number comes from. If the sales decline even more will there be a 300-day supply soon?
In general it does not look good. Sales of full-sized pickups fell 22.1 percent in April from the same period a year ago and are down 16.6 percent for the first four months of 2008.
The 2009 Dodge Ram will also face tough competition from Ford who is releasing a new F-150 and also form GM and Toyota who have new trucks on the market as well.
With climbing gas prices and not so well doing economy that truck sales will get worse and we will be seeing increase in small car sales.
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames