Several auto dealers in central California are offering Dodge Ram pickups at $13,000 below sticker price.
Meaning you can get a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4×2 for $19,995, instead of $32,795. With four months to go before a redesigned 2009 Ram arrives in showrooms lot of dealers are in trouble selling the current inventory.
According to Automotive News Dodge currently has a 109-day supply of 2008 models. It is not known where that number comes from. If the sales decline even more will there be a 300-day supply soon?
In general it does not look good. Sales of full-sized pickups fell 22.1 percent in April from the same period a year ago and are down 16.6 percent for the first four months of 2008.
The 2009 Dodge Ram will also face tough competition from Ford who is releasing a new F-150 and also form GM and Toyota who have new trucks on the market as well.
With climbing gas prices and not so well doing economy that truck sales will get worse and we will be seeing increase in small car sales.
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower