Several auto dealers in central California are offering Dodge Ram pickups at $13,000 below sticker price.
Meaning you can get a Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab SLT 4×2 for $19,995, instead of $32,795. With four months to go before a redesigned 2009 Ram arrives in showrooms lot of dealers are in trouble selling the current inventory.
According to Automotive News Dodge currently has a 109-day supply of 2008 models. It is not known where that number comes from. If the sales decline even more will there be a 300-day supply soon?
In general it does not look good. Sales of full-sized pickups fell 22.1 percent in April from the same period a year ago and are down 16.6 percent for the first four months of 2008.
The 2009 Dodge Ram will also face tough competition from Ford who is releasing a new F-150 and also form GM and Toyota who have new trucks on the market as well.
With climbing gas prices and not so well doing economy that truck sales will get worse and we will be seeing increase in small car sales.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar