Shelby Automobiles and Don “The Snake” Prudhomme unveiled limited edition Prudhomme Edition Super Snake package for the Shelby GT500 Mustang during a private reception at the Wally Parks NHRA Motorsports Museum in Pomona, Calif.
The package is for 2007-2010 Ford Shelby GT500 cars already in the hands of owners.
With the race fuel supercharged 5.4-liter V8 produces 800 hp and 750 hp on 93 octane pump gas.
Shelby is making 100 packages at $100,000 (not including car). In addition to the engine changes Shelby added a Kenne Belle modified air intake sticking out of the hood in the tilt front end, a five-point Impact safety harness and a Borla side exhaust system. A front and rear adjustable BMR racing suspension and drag tires are included to improve traction during launches; optional street tires are available. For a more aggressive stance and improved aerodynamics, side lower rockers are incorporated.
“The thing I really think is cool about this car is that you can drive it both on the track and on the street,” told Prudhomme. “It reminds me of how drag racing used to be back in the day when we would drive our cars to the drag strip, race them, and drive them home at the end of the day. That’s maybe the neatest thing about this car.”
Source: Shelby Automobiles
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)
- Volkswagen Amarok Power-Pickup concept with V6 TDI debuts at Wörthersee
- Volkswagen Design Vision GTI concept with 503 horsepower is the ultimate Golf GTI
- 2013 Playmate of the Year Raquel Pomplun gets $100k and a 2014 Jaguar F-Type
- Bentley Mulsanne and Continental Le Mans Limited Edition models announced