The first Porsche was built in 1948 and the first Porsche Club was established just four years later, by seven Porsche drivers, who founded the Westfälischer Porsche Club Hohensyburg, now known as the Porsche Club Westfalen. That same year saw the formation of a second Porsche Club with six members initially – the Porsche Club Berlin.
Today there are 640 official Porsche Clubs in 75 countries with around 181,000 members.
To mark the 60th anniversary of the first two Porsche Club, Porsche has created an exceptional vehicle: the 911 Club Coupe, that is based on the Carrera S with Powerkit, special “Brewster Green” body color, 20-inch SportTechno wheels, special decorative trim with lettering individually created for each customer as well as illuminated door entry guards bearing the model designation and anniversary logo.
Only very few Club members will be privileged to acquire it. Only 12 Club members will have the opportunity, through a lottery, to acquire one 911 Club Coupe each. One vehicle will remain at Porsche to honor the Porsche Club World.
German pricing for this special 911 is 142,831 euros and U.S. pricing $175,580 before taxes.
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)