Porsche 918 Spyder plug in hybrid driving trials are continuing at various locations, including the extreme Nürburgring. In fact a lap time of less than seven minutes 22 seconds around the challenging track is one of the development goals of the 918 Spyder.
Here we have the new photos of the 918 Spyder prototype in inconic Martini Racing colour scheme.
Martini was the official partner of the Porsche factory team between 1973 and 1978, and the colour scheme has become part of motor racing legend.
The 918 Spyder combines a high-performance internal combustion engine with electric motors on the rear and front axles to achieve extraordinary driving performance and excellent efficiency.
The combined system power of the drivetrain is 770 hp and the NEDC fuel consumption is forecast to be only around three litres per 100 km, equivalent to CO2 emissions of about 70 g/km.
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)
- New Peugeot 308 – first official pictures and details
- This is how Brazilian police rams a drug plane to prevent takeoff (video)