The G8 ST concept was powered by a uniquely configured 6.0L small-block V-8, rated at 361 hp. Production version of the G8 ST was known to hit the dealerships this fall as a 2010 model. Unfortunately GM has decided to cancel the G8 ST. According to PickupTucks.com GM made the announcement to its dealers during a broadcast yesterday morning.
This decision will likely disappoint lot of sport truck enthusiast, who were looking for a modern-day El Camino. G8 ST is one of the coolest cars/trucks that Pontiac has introduced in a long time.
Based on Australia’s Holden VE Ute, the G8 ST was expected to start below $30,000 with projected sales of about 5,000 units annually.
According to GM G8 ST is one of these vehicles they can no longer afford to produce. GM has earlier said that they will turn Pontiac into a niche brand. We have a feeling that Pontiac will be turned into a very boring brand, or GM just might kill the whole brand one day.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp