Peugeot unveiled the 208 Type R5 at the Paris Motor Show in September, now this new 208 based race car has successfully taken part in its first test programme before the end of 2012. The Peugeot 208 is consequently the first car built in compliance with the FIA’s latest ‘R5’ regulations to have broken cover and turned a wheel.
Bryan Bouffier: “The car felt good out of the box. I was happy with its overall balance and I was comfortable behind the wheel. It seems to be a strong basic car and I particularly liked the turbocharged engine which delivers plenty of torque. That makes it easy to use, and that’s a big asset on loose surfaces.”[Gallery not found]
- Citroen C-XR concept debuts in Beijing – looks production ready
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show