The 208 R5 features four-wheel drive, five-speed sequential gearbox, no central differential, long travel suspension, widened tracks, a spoiler, increase wheel arches to fit 18″ wheels without forgetting the minimum weight set at 1200kg for the gravel (loose-surface) and asphalt (tarmac) version, as for the WRC.
The 2.0-litre naturally aspirated unit is replaced by the 1.6-litre turbo that produces 280 hp.
The 208 Type R5 has big ambitions. Designed and assembled in the workshops of Peugeot Sport in Vélizy, it will begin a vast test programme from the end of 2012, both on asphalt and on loose surface (gravel). On sale during the second half of 2013, the 208 Type R5 will compete at the highest level in key championships:
- Intercontinental Rally Challenge
- European Rally Championship
- National Championships
- 8,000 Horsepower In Action! Drag Boat Race Is Way Cooler Than The Quarter Mile Race Between Cars
- This Is The Real Sharknado! More Than 100 Sharks Attack A School Of Bluefish Right On The Beach
- Time To Visit Norway! Beautiful Time-Lapse Shows Everything From Deep Fjords To Northern Lights
- Get Creative In The Kitchen! This Is How You Make Beatles Pancakes!
- This Death Defying Bike Ride Through The Isle of Skye In Scotland Is Just EPIC!
- This Is Not A Photoshop! A Full 360 Degree Circle Rainbow Over Australia
- This Awesome Time-Lapse Video Shows How To Counterfit A Giant One Dollar Bill With Just A Pencil