The 208 R5 features four-wheel drive, five-speed sequential gearbox, no central differential, long travel suspension, widened tracks, a spoiler, increase wheel arches to fit 18″ wheels without forgetting the minimum weight set at 1200kg for the gravel (loose-surface) and asphalt (tarmac) version, as for the WRC.
The 2.0-litre naturally aspirated unit is replaced by the 1.6-litre turbo that produces 280 hp.
The 208 Type R5 has big ambitions. Designed and assembled in the workshops of Peugeot Sport in Vélizy, it will begin a vast test programme from the end of 2012, both on asphalt and on loose surface (gravel). On sale during the second half of 2013, the 208 Type R5 will compete at the highest level in key championships:
- Intercontinental Rally Challenge
- European Rally Championship
- National Championships
- Luxurious Cadillac Escalade Concept One by Lexani has an incredibly cool interior
- Hilarious Slow Motion Video Captures People’s Faces As They Get Hit With A 300,000-Volt Taser
- Peugeot Quartz crossover concept with a 500bhp HYbrid drivetrain revealed ahead of Paris debut
- This Is Little Hardcore! Watch 19 Daredevils Unicycle The Mountains Of Moab
- All-new Volvo XC90 R-Design revealed with sportier look
- This Is Just Insane! Watch Daredevil Holding a Glider’s Tail While Flying On Another Glider
- Watch Two Kayakers Go Down On A Drainage Ditch In Lions Bay At Speeds Up to 45MPH