Peugeot 2008 is a new B segment vehicle, based on the 208 with sales starting in the second half of 2013. Peugeot has big plans with the 2008 as it will be sold across the world with production to take place in France (Mulhouse), in China (Wuhan) and in Brazil (Porto Real).
At just 4.16 metres long, the 2008 combines the driving characteristics of a hatchback and an SUV giving space, modularity and comfort.
“With the 2008, Peugeot is continuing its product offensive and capitalising on the success of the 3008 by offering a new crossover, urban and innovative, to win over an international clientele.”
Xavier Peugeot, Peugeot Product Director
Full specs and engine details will be released closer to the market launch, but PEugeot did revealed it will be offered with e-HDi Diesel and new 3-cylinder petrol engines.
The 2008 will make its world debut at the Geneva Motor Show in March.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar