Opel has unveiled the Cascada convertible, that will be launched in early 2013. Cascada, which mean a waterfall in Spanish is a four-seater cabriolet with a soft top, measuring 4,697 mm in length, while the width is 1,840 mm excl. mirrors.
The Cascada super-rigid body, HiPerStrut front suspension and FlexRide adaptive damping system. The premium soft top can be opened at the touch of a button in 17 seconds while driving at speeds of up to 50 km/h. Electric seat belt presenters, exclusive Nappa leather and ventilated, ergonomic seats as well as invisible, watchful safety systems are part of the open top fun.
Compared to the 2006 compact Astra Twin Top, the Cascada’s wheelbase is 71 mm longer, the front tread 56 mm and the rear tread 70 mm wider. The Opel Cascada can be equipped with 17” to 20” wheels. Brake discs have sizes of up to 326 mm in front and 325 mm in rear.
Engine range includes a 1.4 gasoline Turbo that is available with either 120 or 140 hp and can be combined with a manual 6-speed transmission.
The 2.0 CDTI with 165 hp comes with either a manual or an automatic 6-speed transmission.
Top of the range unit is a 1.6 SIDI Turbo ECOTEC gasoline engine with 170 hp, that can be mated with manual and automatic 6-speed transmissions. The new, low-friction 6-speed automatic transmission in the Cascada features an Active Select function that allows manual shifting for a more sporty driving experience.
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)