Opel returned to motorsport with the ADAM “Cup“ in November 2012. At the Geneva Motor Show, Opel will present a new concept study of the recently introduced ADAM lifestyle car, built based on FIA R2 regulations.
Its final development and homologation are planned during 2013. With the ADAM R2, Opel takes another step in its new motorsport strategy by offering a top-class vehicle for international customer rallying which will be eligible for every national championship in Europe.
The ADAM R2 is powered by a 1.6-liter ECOTEC 16V engine with variable camshaft phasing that develops around 185 hp and maximum torque of about 190 Nm.
Power is transmitted through a Sadev sequential five-speed gearbox and a limited-slip differential with a multi-disc lock.
- Watch upset motorist in East London drive off flatbed tow truck to avoid parking ticket
- Retro-styled Evanta Barchetta debuts at Goodwood Revival
- This Is Real, No CGI Here! Watch Amelia and Roel Dance On The Wall Of City Hall In Oakland
- Mercedes-AMG GT Roadster rendered with a black soft top
- “Project: Secret!” in the Porsche Museum will showcase 14 never-built studies, concepts and prototypes
- Stolen Jaguar XK-E gets returned to its rightful owner after 46 years
- Giant Manta Ray Tangled In Fishing Line Asks For Divers Help (VIDEO)