Opel returned to motorsport with the ADAM “Cup“ in November 2012. At the Geneva Motor Show, Opel will present a new concept study of the recently introduced ADAM lifestyle car, built based on FIA R2 regulations.
Its final development and homologation are planned during 2013. With the ADAM R2, Opel takes another step in its new motorsport strategy by offering a top-class vehicle for international customer rallying which will be eligible for every national championship in Europe.
The ADAM R2 is powered by a 1.6-liter ECOTEC 16V engine with variable camshaft phasing that develops around 185 hp and maximum torque of about 190 Nm.
Power is transmitted through a Sadev sequential five-speed gearbox and a limited-slip differential with a multi-disc lock.
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show