Opel returned to motorsport with the ADAM “Cup“ in November 2012. At the Geneva Motor Show, Opel will present a new concept study of the recently introduced ADAM lifestyle car, built based on FIA R2 regulations.
Its final development and homologation are planned during 2013. With the ADAM R2, Opel takes another step in its new motorsport strategy by offering a top-class vehicle for international customer rallying which will be eligible for every national championship in Europe.
The ADAM R2 is powered by a 1.6-liter ECOTEC 16V engine with variable camshaft phasing that develops around 185 hp and maximum torque of about 190 Nm.
Power is transmitted through a Sadev sequential five-speed gearbox and a limited-slip differential with a multi-disc lock.
- BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe revealed – public debut next month in New York
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range