Opel returned to motorsport with the ADAM “Cup“ in November 2012. At the Geneva Motor Show, Opel will present a new concept study of the recently introduced ADAM lifestyle car, built based on FIA R2 regulations.
Its final development and homologation are planned during 2013. With the ADAM R2, Opel takes another step in its new motorsport strategy by offering a top-class vehicle for international customer rallying which will be eligible for every national championship in Europe.
The ADAM R2 is powered by a 1.6-liter ECOTEC 16V engine with variable camshaft phasing that develops around 185 hp and maximum torque of about 190 Nm.
Power is transmitted through a Sadev sequential five-speed gearbox and a limited-slip differential with a multi-disc lock.
- McLaren teases track-only P1 GTR with a massive rear wing and two exhaust pipes
- ATS Leggera revealed – a new two-seat roadster from Italy
- Aston Martin confirms bespoke super saloon: return of the Lagonda nameplate
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard