The specially gold-painted one-off 2013 Nissan GT-R Premium Edition dubbed ‘Bolt Gold’ will go to the highest bidder in a global online charity auction to be held on eBay from November 22 to December 2, 2012.
All proceeds from the charity auction will benefit the Usain Bolt Foundation, which was established to support educational and cultural opportunities for children and young people in Bolt’s home country of Jamaica.
This one-off GT-R will be built to the performance specifications conforming to regulations in the winning bidder’s country of residence. Nissan plans to deliver the car to the winner in March 2013. In addition to gold exterior, the car also features a a gold plate embossed with Bolt’s signature and his autograph.
The special eBay page is already live and you can see it here. In addition to a GT-R, Nissan will also auction there other products signed by Bolt, like shirts, racing helmets, racing suits and driving boots.
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show
- Volkswagen Golf TSI Sportwagen concept to debut at the New York Auto Show
- Drop-top Supercar: 2015 Corvette Z06 Convertible revealed with at least 625 horsepower
- Ford Focus remains world’s best-selling vehicle in 2013 with 1,097,618 cars sold worldwide