The specially gold-painted one-off 2013 Nissan GT-R Premium Edition dubbed ‘Bolt Gold’ will go to the highest bidder in a global online charity auction to be held on eBay from November 22 to December 2, 2012.
All proceeds from the charity auction will benefit the Usain Bolt Foundation, which was established to support educational and cultural opportunities for children and young people in Bolt’s home country of Jamaica.
This one-off GT-R will be built to the performance specifications conforming to regulations in the winning bidder’s country of residence. Nissan plans to deliver the car to the winner in March 2013. In addition to gold exterior, the car also features a a gold plate embossed with Bolt’s signature and his autograph.
The special eBay page is already live and you can see it here. In addition to a GT-R, Nissan will also auction there other products signed by Bolt, like shirts, racing helmets, racing suits and driving boots.
- BMW X4 Sports Activity Coupe revealed – public debut next month in New York
- This is the new Honda Civic Type R Concept – production model to follow in 2015
- Mazda Hazumi concept previews next-generation subcompact – the new Mazda2
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range