With the standard exhaust, the Stingray is SAE-certified at 455 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. Fuel efficiency is expected to exceed 26 mpg on the highway.
“The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s LT1 engine is a triumph of advanced technology, delivering more power and torque than ever before with greater efficiency,” said Jordan Lee, Small Block chief engineer.
No official performance specs were released, but Chevrolet estimates the Corvette will run from 0 to 60 mph in less than four seconds.
The new LT1 engine’s high output, and high power density and efficiency are due to several advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing, which support an advanced combustion system.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe goes on sale this fall, with a convertible following by the end of the year.
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year