With the standard exhaust, the Stingray is SAE-certified at 455 horsepower and 460 lb-ft of torque. Fuel efficiency is expected to exceed 26 mpg on the highway.
“The 2014 Corvette Stingray’s LT1 engine is a triumph of advanced technology, delivering more power and torque than ever before with greater efficiency,” said Jordan Lee, Small Block chief engineer.
No official performance specs were released, but Chevrolet estimates the Corvette will run from 0 to 60 mph in less than four seconds.
The new LT1 engine’s high output, and high power density and efficiency are due to several advanced technologies, including direct injection, Active Fuel Management and continuously variable valve timing, which support an advanced combustion system.
The 2014 Corvette Stingray coupe goes on sale this fall, with a convertible following by the end of the year.
- Bedtime Horror Story in 60 Seconds! This One-Minute Short Film Is Spooky Scary
- This Is Scary! Professional Stuntman Rides a Motorcycle Over a Bridge’s Arch Beam
- Stunning Long Exposure Photo Of the Lunar Eclipse Rising Over China Looks Like a Falling Star
- Ironic How Beautiful War Machines Can Be! This Is One Of The Coolest Fighter Jet Compilations
- Amazing Time-Lapse Video Shows Rome, Pisa & Vatican City In 4K Ultra HD
- This Slow Motion Video In 4K HD Is Mind Blowingly Awesome From Breakdancing To Motorcycling
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams