The 3.8-litre, 160 mph Juke-R made its global debut in Dubai in January this year, attracting enormous attention and, as a result, Nissan has now received firm orders for three cars to be built. Nissan will build more Juke-Rs upon request and will be taking orders in the coming four weeks, before production starts in earnest.
While the original Juke-R was based on the MY10 GT-R running gear with 480 hp, the run of new cars will benefit from featuring the drivetrain and chassis of the MY12 GT-R that means the production Juke-R packs 545 hp.
The first three cars will be delivered to their new owners in late summer.
Gareth Dunsmore, Marketing Product Manager for the Juke, said: “The Juke-R was originally intended as a one-off concept to marry two of Nissan’s most innovative models. But the reaction we had to the car in Dubai was amazing – people were making offers for the original on the street!
- Range Rover Evoque gets a wide bodykit from Prior Design
- BMW Gran Lusso Coupe concept revealed – the ultimate luxury coupe
- McLaren 50 12C & 12C Spider announced to celebrate 50 years of McLaren
- Ford will close all their manufacturing plants in Australia by 2016
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France