Recently awarded a ‘Top Safety Pick Plus’ accolade from the IIHS, Nissan’s Altima is hitting headlines once again in February with the unveiling of four new V8 Supercars. Set to change the image of this safe sedan into a sporty number, two of the cars are sponsored by Norton while the other two showcase the identifiable black-and-white colours of the Jack Daniels label.
These completed vehicles have undergone extensive testing and will compete on the track in Australia between the 1st and 3rd of March this year, marking the start of the season alongside other favourites including Ford, Holden and Mercedes-Benz. The cars have been released deliberately to support Nissan’s marketing strategy in Australia before the Altima becomes widely available to buyers there following huge success in the Middle East.
Enthusiasts can also get excited about new team members Michael Caruso and James Moffat, both of whom bring a wealth of racing experience making them worthy candidates for Nissan Motorsport in 2013.
For buyers looking to emulate the racing experience on the road, the new Nissan Altima certainly offers a sophisticated drive. Incredible acceleration is available through the V6 engine, while switching between three different modes enables an exhilarating amount of power. The interior is luxurious, while of course safety comes first for families who can be certain that even if this car is a little racier than other Nissan models, it comes with hazard warnings, Object Detection for reversing the vehicle and a Lane Departure Warning system, which lets drivers know if they accidentally veer out of their own lane.
Whether you have an interest in car racing or you simply want to purchase a new car this year, Nissan’s Altima could offer something for you either way!
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show