Volvo has confirmed that the next-generation XC90 will arrive in late 2014. The announcement is part of a news in which Volvo has announced a multi-billion dollar investment in SPA (Scalable Product Architecture) and VEA (Volvo Engine Architecture).
SPA (Scalable Product Architecture) is a flexible, scalable product architecture that covers most of Volvo’s future car models and one of them is the next-generation XC90.
In parallel with SPA, Volvo Car Group is also developing an all-new four-cylinder fuel-efficient engine family known as VEA (Volvo Engine Architecture). These engines will be built in Skövde and assembly of all drivelines, including hybrid drivelines, will be integrated in the Torslanda plant in Gothenburg.
It is not known yet will we see this new four-cylinder engine in the next XC90, but it is very likely.
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450
- Rest in Peace! Fast and Furious actor Paul Walker dies in a car accident
- Lamborghini Veneno in motion – hear the V12 scream on the track!
- Video: Mercedes SLS AMG with two turbos on the dyno shows big exhaust flames
- Lamborghini Cabrera rendered – this is how the Gallardo successor could look like
- Video: Amazing private supercar collection includes five Veyrons, F40, One-77 and…
- 2014 SRT Viper Time Attack Special Edition limited to 159 units