Volvo has confirmed that the next-generation XC90 will arrive in late 2014. The announcement is part of a news in which Volvo has announced a multi-billion dollar investment in SPA (Scalable Product Architecture) and VEA (Volvo Engine Architecture).
SPA (Scalable Product Architecture) is a flexible, scalable product architecture that covers most of Volvo’s future car models and one of them is the next-generation XC90.
In parallel with SPA, Volvo Car Group is also developing an all-new four-cylinder fuel-efficient engine family known as VEA (Volvo Engine Architecture). These engines will be built in Skövde and assembly of all drivelines, including hybrid drivelines, will be integrated in the Torslanda plant in Gothenburg.
It is not known yet will we see this new four-cylinder engine in the next XC90, but it is very likely.
- Volkswagen New Midsize Coupe Concept revealed
- All-new Ford Escort revealed – designed specifically to meet the needs of consumers in China
- Audi TT offroad concept show car revealed
- Volkswagen Golf R 400 concept is one wild hatchback with as much power as Porsche 911 Carrera S!
- Mercedes Concept Coupe SUV previews BMW X6 alternative
- BMW Vision Future Luxury concept debuts at the Beijing Motor Show
- Audi A3 declared 2014 World Car of the Year