The new Golf’s permanent four-wheel drive system is one of the most modern and efficient of its kind in the world. In this latest version of the Golf 4MOTION Volkswagen is using a four-wheel drive system with an enhanced, fifth-generation Haldex coupling.
The new 4MOTION drive weighs 1.4 kilograms less than the previous system, requires no pressure accumulator and reacts extremely quickly to every conceivable influence exerted on it.
Volkswagen is offering the new Golf 4MOTION in Europe in three levels of specification (Trendline, Comfortline, Highline) and with two turbo diesel engines delivering between 105 hp and 140 hp.
Like the front-wheel drive versions the new 4MOTION models are equipped as standard with a Stop/Start system and battery regeneration.
The Golf 4MOTION is sold as a four-door vehicle and in Germany is €1,800 over the standard front-wheel drive model.
- Watch “perfect dudes” perform wild tricks with Fiat 500C Abarths
- British Grand Prix Preview
- All-new BMW 4 Series Coupe revealed, replaces the 3 Series Coupe
- Audi A4 Avant with 380 horsepower by ABT Sportsline
- 30 millionth Volkswagen Golf drives off the assembly line in Wolfsburg
- PICTURES: Porsche Cayenne S Diesel shows its off-road capabilities
- New Porsche LMP1 prototype revealed ahead of 2014 season
- Rolls-Royce Wraith coupe in motion on British country roads (video)
- SEAT Leon Verde plug-in electric prototype unveiled – based on Leon hatchback
- Lamborghini Sesto Elemento caught on the track at a special event in Nevada (video)