The new Golf’s permanent four-wheel drive system is one of the most modern and efficient of its kind in the world. In this latest version of the Golf 4MOTION Volkswagen is using a four-wheel drive system with an enhanced, fifth-generation Haldex coupling.
The new 4MOTION drive weighs 1.4 kilograms less than the previous system, requires no pressure accumulator and reacts extremely quickly to every conceivable influence exerted on it.
Volkswagen is offering the new Golf 4MOTION in Europe in three levels of specification (Trendline, Comfortline, Highline) and with two turbo diesel engines delivering between 105 hp and 140 hp.
Like the front-wheel drive versions the new 4MOTION models are equipped as standard with a Stop/Start system and battery regeneration.
The Golf 4MOTION is sold as a four-door vehicle and in Germany is €1,800 over the standard front-wheel drive model.
- Luxurious Cadillac Escalade Concept One by Lexani has an incredibly cool interior
- Hilarious Slow Motion Video Captures People’s Faces As They Get Hit With A 300,000-Volt Taser
- Peugeot Quartz crossover concept with a 500bhp HYbrid drivetrain revealed ahead of Paris debut
- This Is Little Hardcore! Watch 19 Daredevils Unicycle The Mountains Of Moab
- All-new Volvo XC90 R-Design revealed with sportier look
- This Is Just Insane! Watch Daredevil Holding a Glider’s Tail While Flying On Another Glider
- Watch Two Kayakers Go Down On A Drainage Ditch In Lions Bay At Speeds Up to 45MPH