To demonstrate the class-leading towing ability of the all-new Range Rover, Land Rover teamed up with an American icon, the Airstream to take part in the ultimate road-trip to one of the highest points in Africa.
With an Airstream 684 Series 2 aluminium travel trailer hitched to its electrically-deployable tow bar, a Range Rover Autobiography with the 339 horsepower SDV8 engine drove from Airstream’s European home in the English Lake District, to the top of the Atlas Mountains in Morocco and back.
From the empty motorways of Spain to the precipitous hairpins of the High Atlas – the all-new Range Rover towed a 2,399 kg Airstream 3,676 miles in just 11 days.
Ben Samuelson, whose firm Samuelson Wylie Associates planned and executed the trip, was deeply impressed by the new car: “The new Range Rover’s towing ability is nothing short of stunning. It pulled the two and a half tonne Airstream like it simply wasn’t there.
The Airstream still has the classic looks but packs all the luxury features one would expect from a modern day travel trailer.
Hot shower, breakfast rustled up in a luxurious Corian-worktopped kitchen and morning’s Times newspaper downloaded onto the iPad via the Airstream’s satellite broadband is all part of it…
- Bedtime Horror Story in 60 Seconds! This One-Minute Short Film Is Spooky Scary
- This Is Scary! Professional Stuntman Rides a Motorcycle Over a Bridge’s Arch Beam
- Stunning Long Exposure Photo Of the Lunar Eclipse Rising Over China Looks Like a Falling Star
- Ironic How Beautiful War Machines Can Be! This Is One Of The Coolest Fighter Jet Compilations
- Amazing Time-Lapse Video Shows Rome, Pisa & Vatican City In 4K Ultra HD
- This Slow Motion Video In 4K HD Is Mind Blowingly Awesome From Breakdancing To Motorcycling
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams