This is the new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, which is based on the upcoming 911 (991) GT3.
The 911 GT3 Cup will be run exclusively in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup in 2013 and is powered by a 3.8-litre six-cylinder flat engine generating 460 hp, up by 10 hp and is mated to a six-speed dog-type gearbox developed by Porsche Motorsport which is operated via shift paddles at the steering wheel for the first time in a Porsche brand trophy race car transmitting the power to the rear axle.
The 911 GT3 Cup rides on new single piece race wheels with centre mount and the width of the Michelin race slicks was increased by two centimetres to 27 centimetres at the front and by ten millimetres at the rear axle to now measure 31 centimetres.
A newly developed race braking system further improves the new 911 GT3 Cup compared to its predecessor.
The base price for the 911 GT3 Cup, which is available exclusively in white, is 181,200 Euro plus VAT.
- Hear the new 2015 Ford Mustang GT Rev its V8 at Cars & Coffee (VIDEO)
- Porsche announces Cayenne Platinum Edition – priced from $63,300
- McLaren P1 laps the extreme Nürburgring in less than seven minutes (VIDEO)
- 400th Bugatti Veyron sold – just 50 models of the super sports car are still available
- Video: Crazy cyclist rides (BACKWARD) downhill on a wet mountain road in Norway at 50 mph
- This is the new 2015 Ford Mustang with EcoBoost power, independent rear suspension and sleeker design
- Epic video: Ferrari F50 drifting in slow motion – filmed with high speed camera
- Audi Q1 compact SUV confirmed – will be produced from 2016
- Lamborghini Veneno Roadster makes an exclusive debut on Italian aircraft carrier in Abu Dhabi
- Chevrolet Corvette Stingray Premiere Edition Convertible announced, priced from $77,450