This is the new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, which is based on the upcoming 911 (991) GT3.
The 911 GT3 Cup will be run exclusively in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup in 2013 and is powered by a 3.8-litre six-cylinder flat engine generating 460 hp, up by 10 hp and is mated to a six-speed dog-type gearbox developed by Porsche Motorsport which is operated via shift paddles at the steering wheel for the first time in a Porsche brand trophy race car transmitting the power to the rear axle.
The 911 GT3 Cup rides on new single piece race wheels with centre mount and the width of the Michelin race slicks was increased by two centimetres to 27 centimetres at the front and by ten millimetres at the rear axle to now measure 31 centimetres.
A newly developed race braking system further improves the new 911 GT3 Cup compared to its predecessor.
The base price for the 911 GT3 Cup, which is available exclusively in white, is 181,200 Euro plus VAT.
- 2015 Porsche Cayenne facelift revealed with a sharper design and new engines
- Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations builds F-TYPE Concept to Support Team Sky in Tour de France
- All-new Volvo XC90 comes with an impressive list of safety features
- Chevrolet unveils a new SS Pace Car, will be driven by actor Chris Pratt at Brickyard
- Mazda unveils the all-new Mazda2 / Demio in Japan
- Audi A7 Sportback 3.0 TDI competition celebrates 25 years of Audi TDI technology
- Aston Martin unveils a new V12 Vantage S Roadster as company’s fastest roadster