This is the new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, which is based on the upcoming 911 (991) GT3.
The 911 GT3 Cup will be run exclusively in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup in 2013 and is powered by a 3.8-litre six-cylinder flat engine generating 460 hp, up by 10 hp and is mated to a six-speed dog-type gearbox developed by Porsche Motorsport which is operated via shift paddles at the steering wheel for the first time in a Porsche brand trophy race car transmitting the power to the rear axle.
The 911 GT3 Cup rides on new single piece race wheels with centre mount and the width of the Michelin race slicks was increased by two centimetres to 27 centimetres at the front and by ten millimetres at the rear axle to now measure 31 centimetres.
A newly developed race braking system further improves the new 911 GT3 Cup compared to its predecessor.
The base price for the 911 GT3 Cup, which is available exclusively in white, is 181,200 Euro plus VAT.
- 2015 Dodge Charger facelift revealed with a full-body makeover
- SRT Viper GTS Anodized Carbon Time Attack debuts at the New York Auto Show
- First interior images for the new Mercedes-AMG GT supercar revealed
- Audi RS 7 dynamic edition to debut at the New York Auto Show
- First 2015 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 auctioned for $1 Million
- Land Rover Discovery Vision Concept revealed, debuts this wee at the New York Auto Show
- Volkswagen Golf TSI Sportwagen concept to debut at the New York Auto Show