This is the new Porsche 911 GT3 Cup car, which is based on the upcoming 911 (991) GT3.
The 911 GT3 Cup will be run exclusively in the Porsche Mobil 1 Supercup in 2013 and is powered by a 3.8-litre six-cylinder flat engine generating 460 hp, up by 10 hp and is mated to a six-speed dog-type gearbox developed by Porsche Motorsport which is operated via shift paddles at the steering wheel for the first time in a Porsche brand trophy race car transmitting the power to the rear axle.
The 911 GT3 Cup rides on new single piece race wheels with centre mount and the width of the Michelin race slicks was increased by two centimetres to 27 centimetres at the front and by ten millimetres at the rear axle to now measure 31 centimetres.
A newly developed race braking system further improves the new 911 GT3 Cup compared to its predecessor.
The base price for the 911 GT3 Cup, which is available exclusively in white, is 181,200 Euro plus VAT.
- Maserati Alfieri concept celebrates brand’s centenary at the Geneva Motor Show
- New Vauxhall Adam S revealed with 148bhp
- This is the new third-generation Audi TT with up to 310 horsepower in the TTS model
- Alfa Romeo 4C Spider “avant-prémiere” previews production model, scheduled to enter production in 2015 (VIDEO)
- Rembrandt Bugatti Legend based on the Veyron 16.4 Grand Sport Vitesse revealed, priced from 2.18 million euro
- Apple unveils CarPlay at the Geneva Motor Show – an all-new way to control your iPhone through your car (VIDEO)
- Geneva 2014: Volkswagen T-ROC concept previews a new SUV range
- Peugeot 308 is the European Car of the Year 2014
- Bugatti Veyron Vivere by Mansory debuts at the Geneva Motor Show
- Koenigsegg Agera One:1 revealed – world’s first Megacar