Reflecting its outstanding performance, the coupe is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in 4.4 seconds with a top speed of 155 mph (electronically limited). The new coupe shares all the technology updates from the 2012 C63 AMG Sedan and features the AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission with standard “Controlled Efficiency” mode, and a new power steering pump that helps to reduce fuel consumption.
When equipped with the AMG Development Package, the coupe packs 481 hp. This optional package improves acceleration from 0 to 60 mph to 4.3 seconds thanks to technology transferred from the SLS AMG.
Top speed increases as well to 174 mph (electronically limited). Visually, the AMG performance package can be identified by the variable intake manifold finished in titanium grey under the hood, the AMG high-performance braking system with two-piece front rotors and red painted brake calipers, the carbon fiber trunk lid spoiler and the AMG performance steering wheel in premium leather with an Alcantara grip area.
The C63 AMG Coupe has a sinister low profile, powerful shoulderline and a narrow C-pillar, combined with short overhangs, long hood, steeply raked windshield and long, sloping roof.
As is typical for AMG, the car features arrow-shaped front section with the new AMG front apron housing a high-gloss black horizontal edge, AMG-specific LED daytime running lights and side air outlets.
The large Mercedes star sits on a wing-shaped transverse lamella in the new radiator grille, while a modified aluminum hood with powerdomes, emphasizes the strong character of the car. The new clear-lens headlamps are particularly eye-catching, especially when equipped with the optional Lighting Package which includes bi-xenon headlamps.
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp
- 2014 Mercedes-Benz S-Class debuts in Hamburg
- Tesla Model S: The Best Car Ever?
- 2014 Cadillac XTS gets a twin-turbo V6 with 410 hp – automatic parking assist
- Watch a horrifying Ferrari 458 crash at the Suzuka Circuit in Japan
- This is how the Audi R8 is handcrafted at the Neckarsulm factory (video)