Audi has revealed the third generation of the RS4 Avant, with a high-revving 4.2 liter V8 FSI developing 450 hp and 430 Nm (317.15 lb-ft) of torque. 0 – 100 km/h comes in 4.7 seconds and top speed is electronically limited to 250 km/h (155.34 mph). This can be increased to 280 km/h upon request. However, average fuel consumption is a mere 10.7 liters of fuel per 100 km (21.98 US mpg).
Power is sent to all four wheels via standard seven-speed S tronic and quattro permanent all wheel drive. Launch Control manages starts with optimal traction at the push of a button. Audi also offers the optional sport differential, which actively distributes the power between the rear wheels.
The suspension of the RS4 Avant is made largely of aluminum. The body is lowered by 20 millimeters compared with the A4 Avant.
The RS4 rides on 19-inch forged alloy wheels fitted with 265/35-series tires. 20-inch wheels are available as an option. The brake system features large, internally vented discs with an innovative wave design; the front calipers each have eight pistons.
Carbon fiber-ceramic discs are available up front upon request.
The RS4 will arrive at dealerships this fall, with prices in Germany starting at €76,600.
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France
- 2014 BMW M5 and M6 line-up launched gets an optional Competition Package with extra 15 hp
- Aston Martin centenary celebrations continue – CC100 Speedster Concept debuts at the ADAC Zurich 24 Hours race
- New redesigned Subaru Forester first to ace new crash test (video)
- Audi R8 V10 by ABT Sportsline packs 600 hp