Last year Rolls-Royce Motor Cars sold 1212 units compared to the 1010 units in 2007. Times are tough, but very likely Rolls-Royce will double its sales next year when it launches the RR4.
Earlier infromation suggests that this little baby Rolls will cost around $250,000 (190,000 Euros), which will put it right against the Bentley Arnage T.
For some strange reason Dutch AutoTelegraaf talks about a much higher price of 320,000 Euros (500,000 USD). This is unreal and would make the RR4 pricier than the Phantom.
Currently codenamed RR4 the car’s production name is rumored to be Silver Ghost.
As we have already seen on spy shots this luxury sedan will get suicide doors(Rolls-Royce calls them coach doors). RR4 will share lot of its components with the new 7-series. Length of the RR4 is speculated to be over 5.3 meters (17.4 feet).
Body will be made in Germany and then shipped to Goodwood factory for final assembly. Rumor is that in addition to the Sedan there will be a Coupe and Convertible version following in the future.
RR4 will come with a choice between a turbocharged V8(found in the BMW 750) or a V12(BMW 760i). Diesel and hybrid versions are currently under consideration.
Production is estimated to be somewhere around 700- 1000 units annually. That’s if the price is around 190,000 Euros ($250,000) as we have known so far not 320,000 Euros (500,000 USD) as Dutch AutoTelegraaf suggests.
- Choosing the right tools for your garage and home
- 1962 Ferrari 250 GTO with a chassis no. 3851GT auctioned for $38 million
- Washed, Waxed and Ready to Go – But Who’s Buying?
- 2015 Cadillac Escalade Platinum revealed, entire line-up gets 8-speed transmission, surround view camera and 4G LTE connectivity
- How to Fix a Transmission Leak
- Kia reveals first official photos of third generation Sorento
- 2015 Range Rover Sport SVR is here with 550 horsepower