Mitsubishi will enter two all-electric vehicles in the Electric Class of the legendary Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. Mitsubishi has big plans and is aiming for victory in the Electric Class with the i-MiEV Evolution, a specially-prepared competition version based on the i all-electric vehicle. The second car taking part of the Pikes Peak is a regular production i, that has been fitted with a more aerodynamic front bumper and roll bars and other safety equipment.
The i-MiEV Evolution uses the same motor, drive battery and other major components as the production i and has been developed in cooperation with several partner companies including Meidensha Corporation and GS Yuasa Corporation.
The i-MiEV Evolution however uses specially-designed racing-specific body which uses a tube-frame chassis and a carbon fibre cowl among other features designed to reduce weight and improve aerodynamic performance.
- Range Rover Evoque gets a wide bodykit from Prior Design
- BMW Gran Lusso Coupe concept revealed – the ultimate luxury coupe
- McLaren 50 12C & 12C Spider announced to celebrate 50 years of McLaren
- Ford will close all their manufacturing plants in Australia by 2016
- Mansory Stallone tuning package for Ferrari F12 Berlinetta
- Lotus Exige S Roadster with 345 hp now available to order – EU prices start from 55,378 EUR plus local taxes
- Chevrolet Spark EV priced from $27,495 – lease from $199 per month
- Hennessey VelociRaptor SUV based on Ford F-150 Raport revealed – priced from $149,500
- Limited Edition Megane Renaultsport Red Bull Racing RB8 revealed
- Nissan GT-R Gentleman Edition announced in France