Mission Motorcycles has announced two zero emissions electric superbikes to the public. The limited-edition race-proven Mission RS, and the highly configurable Mission R are both based on the architecture of the breakthrough race bike built by Mission Motors that dominated the FIM/TTXGP race at Laguna Seca in 2011.
Only 40 of the race-proven Mission RS will be produced — one for each second of the lead that the Mission prototype had over the field at Laguna Seca’s FIM/TTXGP finish line. Prices for the RS begin at $56,499 after a Federal tax credit.
Prices for the Mission R begin at $29,999 after a Federal tax credit.
Both machines feature a powertrain with over 160 hp and boast sub 3-second 0-to-60 mph acceleration, 150 mph top speeds, and ranges of up to 140 miles.
The Mission R can be combined with one of three battery packages: 12 kWh, 15 kWh, or 17 kWh with 105 mile, 120 mile, and 140 mile ranges.
Both machines also feature the MissionOS, the world’s first internet-connected motorcycle information system, featuring turn-by-turn directions, track specific mode, integrated HD camera with telemetry overlay, wireless HUD integration, and more.
Reservations for the Mission RS and Mission R can be made on the company’s website: www.mission-motorcycles.com
Mission Motorcycles will deliver the Mission RS beginning in Summer 2014 and the Mission R following delivery of all limited-edition models.
- Bedtime Horror Story in 60 Seconds! This One-Minute Short Film Is Spooky Scary
- This Is Scary! Professional Stuntman Rides a Motorcycle Over a Bridge’s Arch Beam
- Stunning Long Exposure Photo Of the Lunar Eclipse Rising Over China Looks Like a Falling Star
- Ironic How Beautiful War Machines Can Be! This Is One Of The Coolest Fighter Jet Compilations
- Amazing Time-Lapse Video Shows Rome, Pisa & Vatican City In 4K Ultra HD
- This Slow Motion Video In 4K HD Is Mind Blowingly Awesome From Breakdancing To Motorcycling
- This Viral Photo Of A Great White Shark With Open Jaws Is Here To Haunt Your Dreams